Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Major Change for Undergraduate Students
For the purpose of taking the initiative to meet the demand of community's talents and scarce human resources, to agree with the student's personality, interests and special needs of development, to further encourage students to learn with initiative and enthusiasm, to reform the way of training, and to realize the exploitation of their aptitude, the rules of Major Change are formulated.
These rules are in accordance with the essence and requirements of "Regulations on Student Status of International Undergraduate Students of NUAA”, and to regulate and strengthen the work of major management.
Article 1: Major Change should be based on social needs, students’ interests in learning, learning ability, special talents and professional expertise. It should make full use of school resources, and comply with the principles of students’ willingness and fairness and justness.
Article 2, Major Change Application types
(A) outstanding students:
1．first-year undergraduate students with outstanding academic performance can apply to change to the major they are interested in; second-year undergraduate students in the major of Aeronautical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with outstanding academic performance can apply to change to Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering.
2. The proportion of students changing in and changing out should be within 5% of the total number of students in this major. Required course GPA should rank within the first 20% in his major. Special cases will be considered in accordance with the authoritative documents about the change of major of NUAA.
3. Students should receive all compulsory credits of the first semester (or third semester), and have no make-up of required courses.
4. It should be assessed by relevant College and reviewed by Office of Academic Affairs to make sure that the student has the qualifications for Major Change.
(B) Students changing to Student-shortage majors:
1. Three majors, Mechanical Engineering, International Business, Software Engineering, are short of students and accept students changing from other major.
2. The proportion of students changing in and changing out should be within 10% of the total number of students in this major.
3. As for the Interdisciplinary students of Major Change, whether or not they are enrolled in the lower grade is related to the specific situations of the students. Normally students with credits lacking more than 18 are required to be enrolled in the lower grade.
Article 3, Major Change Applicants Requirements
1. correct attitude towards learning, and clear-mindedness;
2. the eligible physical conditions for Major Change, and accordance with the standards of medical examination
3. students who meet one of the followings may not apply for Major Change:
（1）. Having the experience of university transfer;
（2）. Having received a punishment higher than a Serious Warning while studying at the university;
（3）. The third year and the fourth year students;
（4）. In the period of leave or suspension.
（5）. Having not cleared the balance of tuition fee, book fee, and accommodation fee.
Article 4, Procedures of Major Change
1. Applicants should fill in the "Major Change form" (see Attachment) and hand in the form to their coordinator before 25 April, 2011. Forms submitted later than the required time won’t be accepted;
2. The college will arrange examinations for the applicants before 24th May, 2011.
3. If you need to withdraw the application, you should transmit your declaration to the college academic office before 24th May, 2011.
4. The final list of major-change students will be published on 9th June, 2011.
5. Major-change students will start the new program from next semester. They need to reselect the new courses according to the new program on 3rd September, 2011.